ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) – The president of the St. Paul police union says a citizen video showing an officer kicking a suspect is misleading.
Officer Jesse Zilge was put on leave after the video of Tuesday’s arrest was made public. Zilge arrested a man who had been accused of threatening a former girlfriend.
Dave Titus (TITE’-us), president of the Saint Paul Police Federation, says the video doesn’t give the complete context of the arrest. Titus says it doesn’t show how the officer may have felt threatened.
Titus says people should wait for the city’s investigation to finish before judging the officer.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More Safety Info:
- Home health ballot proposal: Is it about patient safety or union dues?
- Police investigating violent beating game among teens
- ABC 33/40 – Birmingham News, Weather, SportsIsraeli police arrest …
- Chinese activist says he escaped cruel house arrest, calls for investigation
- Video: Violent holiday weather in the forecast with Tornadoes starting in Kansas