INDIANAPOLIS(WISH) – A tow truck driver is recovering after he was attacked Saturday night as he worked.
The driver, Greg Harper, told police a man hit him over the head with a brick as he issued warnings to illegally parked cars at Valley Brook Mobile Home Park on the southwest side of Indianapolis. Harper suffered a large gash to the back of his head.
Danny Stinson, 53, was arrested, police said, and faces a preliminary charge of assault.
Harper said he thinks assaults against tow truck drivers are on the rise because of the predatory towing controversy in Indianapolis and reality TV shows.
“They think its fair game, they can do whatever they want,” Harper said. “This is one of the reasons for this interview, is to let the public know we are protected under law.”
In another effort to bring attention to the issue, tow truck drivers are organizing a drive around Interstate 465 Sunday.
More Safety Info:
- Violent 2 car crash throws vehicle into building on Detroit’s east side
- Storm upends truck pulling camper
- Bronx Bush Crash Caused by Tired Driver, Board Says
- Pacific Safety Products Inc. Reports Profitable Third Quarter of Fiscal 2012
- Driver safety message driven home