June is Home Safety Month, and Bluffton Reg-ional Medical Center is pleased to announce that a free educational program on preventing falls – the driver for some of the most common household injuries – will be offered on Thursday, June 28, at 7 p.m.
The program will be conducted in the fourth floor conference rooms of the hospital, 303 S. Main St., Bluffton.
“Falls and the complications associated with falls are one of the most common health problems we see in the Emergency Department,” said Jon Grandstaff-Dunphy, RN, Director of the Emergency Department Critical Care Services.
“Fall prevention is an important key to maintaining an active and independent lifestyle – and keeping your family out of the Emergency Department.”
Falls happen to people of all age groups, at any time of the day or season of the year, and at most any place.
It is important to understand what can lead to a fall and how to reduce risks.
Grandstaff-Dunphy will provide easy-to-implement ideas to reduce fall risks around the home.
The program is open to the public, but seating is limited.
More Safety Info:
- SYNERGY HomeCare Offers Free Home Safety Assessments
- St. Francis Promotes Home Safety In "Weekend Warrior" Program
- New York City Gives Free Taxi, Livery, and Transit Rides Home For Safe …
- 5SToday.com Offers New Free Floor Marking Guide to Help Provide Safety and …
- Take the Home Safety Challenge