The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has released a guide to help these employers “navigate the maze of occupational safety and health information,” according to the agency.
The Small Business Safety and Health Resource Guide is aimed at the 70 percent of workplaces that employ fewer than 20 people. These companies typically see higher fatality rates than larger organizations, the study says.
“Worksite safety and health is often delegated to the Human Resources Director or other staff who have additional job duties,” NIOSH says. “This may create a barrier for small businesses trying to sift through technical safety and health documents to understand what information is critical for them to know.”
The guide includes summaries of and links to more than 50 websites that have been reviewed for relevance, ease of use, cost, and credibility.
Read more at the WorkersComp Forum homepage.
September 6, 2012
Copyright 2012© LRP Publications
More Safety Info:
- Safety awards awarded to 9 Wyo businesses – Casper Star
- Survey: Small business employees lack proper safety preparedness skills
- Big Business – Small Business Mentorship Program launches for Enhanced …
- 5SToday.com Offers New Free Floor Marking Guide to Help Provide Safety and …
- Safety inspections don’t hurt businesses-study