‘‘They basically said to the oil industry, ‘OK, I guess we’re going to have to regulate you,’ and the industry said, ‘OK, here are some things that won’t hurt too much,’’’ said Jacqueline Savitz of Oceana, an international ocean-conservation group.
More Safety Info:
- Govt lawyer: Oil rig owner hindering federal probe
- Safety board: BP, Transocean focus on worker safety came at expense of …
- EPA: Well water in Pa. gas drilling town is safe
- Spill panel slams Congress over inaction on safety
- Business owner: Safety 1st: JDM Safety Training Services opens in downtown …