‘‘The operator was able to bring the vehicle to a safe stop, but they had just begun to accelerate from a traffic light when the shafts separated and the vehicle’s speed was minimal,’’ said the complaint, filed on May 18, 2010. NHTSA does not identify who filed a complaint.
More Safety Info:
- Feds probe complaints of stuck throttles in 1.9 million Ford Taurus and …
- Feds probe Ford Escapes for sticky throttles
- Federal safety regulators probe drive shaft problem in MCI buses that may have …
- Kitchen appliances bring lots of home safety complaints
- Berkeley Heights Police Offering Home and Business Safety Surveys