The NTSB recommended the valves 16 times, but only in 2009, under pressure from Congress, was a rule approved — to make the devices mandatory only on lines leading to new, single-family homes. Now, regulators are considering expanding that to new or replaced pipelines serving millions of multifamily homes and commercial buildings. And the utilities are objecting.
More Safety Info:
- Millennium Pipeline Names Industry Veterans to Lead Company
- Edwards, Medtronic Heart Valves Found Safe in Sweeping Studies
- Kitchen appliances bring lots of home safety complaints
- Enbridge says pipeline safe after NTSB blasts company
- Pacific Safety Products Inc. Announces Termination of Letter of Intent With …